Burnley Youth Theatre are looking for volunteers to assist with various aspects of Theatre. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a passion and enthusiasm for the arts and working with young people.
We have a number of different volunteer opportunities available
- Creative – creatively supporting youth theatre workshops and BYT productions
- Workshop Support / Front Of House – signing participants in, serving refreshments…
- Marketing -supporting marketing and social media
- Fundraising– supporting bags packs, organising fundraising events, running raffles etc
- Digital – photography, technical theatre, film making
- Chaperone (aged 18+) -support backstage for our productions
- Costume and set building
As part of our volunteer programme you have the opportunity to:
- Develop your employability skills and CV
- Experience hands on what it’s like to work in a Theatre
- Gain training certificates as part of team training events
- Free theatre tickets to our productions
- Free Arts Award Qualification
About Burnley Youth Theatre
Burnley Youth Theatre is a unique, thriving arts organisation in Burnley, Lancashire, with our own purpose built theatre and will celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2023. Our mission is to ‘creatively inspire children and young people to take their next steps’ and we are passionate about developing our local community to ensure they are confident, healthy, resilient and ready for the future.
We offer an extensive programme of creative activity for children, young people and families, in person and digitally, through a year-round programme across five strands: Youth Theatre, Professional Theatre, Creative Education, Outreach and Training.